Samsung today announced two versions of the S8: the standard Galaxy S8 with a 5.8-inch screen and the larger S8 Plus with a 6.2-inch screen. Both are available for preorder on March 30th and will be shipping in the US on April 21st.
– Samsung’s *infinity display*: The screen extends up and down to cover almost the entire front of the phone. It also curves around the left and right. S8: 5.8-inch OLED, 2960 x 1440, 570ppi. S8+: 6.2-inch OLED, 2960 x 1440, 529ppi
– US version: *Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Octa core* (2.35 GHz Quad + 1.7 GHZ Quad). International version: Samsung Exynos Octa core (2.35 GHz Quad + 1.9 GHZ Quad)
– 📷 Rear: *12MP*, OIS, F1.7; Front: *8MP*, auto focus, F1.7
– 🔋 S8: *3,000 mAh*, S8+: *3,500 mAh*
– S8: 148.9 x 68.1 x 8 mm, 155g, S8+: 159.5 x 73.4 x 8.1 mm, 173g
– *USB-C*, 3.5mm headphone jack
– *Wireless charging*
– water and dust resistant. No word on 🔥 resistant 😆
– Samsung Pay
– *Face unlock*! Unlock the phone just by looking at it.
– *Dex*: connect a display, keyboard and mouse to your phone‼️
– *Bixby*: Samsung’s new way to talk to the phone.